Feb 5, 2011

Day #7

The "EL"

The "EL" is a great means of transportation for the people of Chicago.

Personally, I use the "EL" almost every day to get from place to place.



A tip for visiting...Don't be afraid to ask for directions. Getting on the wrong line could have you getting off at some not so friendly neighborhoods if you know what I mean.

I actually LOVE when people ask me for directions because I feel helpful. 

....And I use to not know my North from South. 

Now I am a PRO!

Lost. This was me.



Any-who...Back to day #7

After leaving class I normally go straight to the stop and wait for what seems like a life time until my train shows up.
For some reason I am exceptionally well at missing the train by only a few minutes which in turn leaves me waiting for 15.

Zoooom.
Oh well. While listening to my music and walking up the 1,000 stairs to the platform an older lady approaches me and asks for help. It is not uncommon to see others pass people by and proceed without thinking twice. I stopped mid step and paused my music.


This lovely older lady was lost and looking for the Pink line. She was currently on the Brown line platform. Lucky for her the Pink line is on the opposite side and she only had to walk to the other set of stairs. 

For some reason I felt very connected to the woman even though I had only spoken to her for a few moments. While I was waiting I wanted to document the woman that I had this connection with and share her with all of you.
(No I am not a creeper)

Black Coat. White Hat.
Only two days earlier I had met the man on the "EL" and now this woman.

Before I became familiar with using this mode of transportation I was afraid of it. I won't lie.

Yes, there may be some creepers every now and again, but use your smarts.

So far I am having some pretty awesome experiences on my commute to and from school.


Are there people during your commute that might need the unexpected?

Always,
Jayme Lynn

Photos courtesy of Flikr and my Personal Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment