Feb 2, 2011

Day #4

It's Laundry Day!


Ahhh laundry. I have yet to meet an individual that enjoys laundry day.

We always hear about how lucky we are to have laundry done at home. It is no joke.

My laundry room is outside in the cold and in a dungeon like room. Scary.

There is something that I have always liked about laundromats even though I have never used one.

Really old laundromats are great for photography scenes. Trust me. Look it up.

Waiting is the worse.

In the dungeon of a laundry room we pay $1.00 for each load in the washer and $1.00 for each load in the dryer. $1.00 + $1.00 = $2.00

It was free at home :(

I enjoy the coin part of laundry and putting the coins in. The memories of going to the arcades return.

not exactly the same.

During the weekends when I am stuck at home doing my homework and trying to stay warm, my act of the unexpected is closer to home.


This is it...


To: You - From: Me
Love The Unexpected



"After using or taking the quarter you must pass on the unexpected to a stranger. This can range from holding open the door to simply leaving the quarters in front of you. Pass.It.On. :)"


Again a note and a gift. Above is a picture of $2.00 in quarter and a dryer sheet.


The unexpected doesn't have to be a huge thing. The simplest things are the greatest surprises because they are so unexpected and a lovely delight.


When you go to do a daily deed such as the laundry or even pick up the mail. Leave a note for the next person. Maybe even a little gift. 


Do you remember the last time the simple things made you smile?


-Jayme Lynn


Photo courtesy of Flikr

No comments:

Post a Comment