Feb 22, 2011

Day #8

Brownies

The one thing that I can make and will always taste delicious!

I am not the most amazing cook. 

My sister got all of the cooking talent from my father and I got creativity from somewhere....?

BUT...When it comes to making brownies it is all ME!

Add ice cream and you are golden.

Warm just out of the oven brownies are probably in my top 5 biggest temptations. 

On January 28 I had a thought...


I have just moved into a new apartment.

I made a batch of brownies.

And...I had not met my neighbor across the hall yet.

It may be hard to believe, but I am rather shy sometimes and that is why it took me a few weeks to get up the courage to introduce myself and boyfriend to our new neighbor!

I wrapped up some of these lovely delights...



Opened the door...


Took a few steps...


Knocked a few times...



He opened the door and introduced himself...



His name...Mike.

We found out that he works nights and we had just woken him up. 

Great first impression huh?

Anyway...He was appreciative for the brownies and it is always nice to know the guy living across the hall from you.

Do you have a sweet treat that you could surprise someone with?

Please let me know of ideas for my 365 days, it would be greatly appreciated.


Always,
Jayme Lynn


Photos Courtesy of Flikr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment